personal interest blog

I am doing my blog on fencing.

I have done fencing for 2 years and I am hoping to get a scholarship to Yale in fencing.

I am doing a more advanced fencing class.

I just got electric fencing equipment here is a video of what electric fencing.

I go fencing on Wednesday.

5 thoughts on “personal interest blog

1. Hi Ethan,

I think fencing is an interesting sport. I would love to learn more about fencing. Is it a difficult sport to do? How many hours a week do you practice fencing? I hope you achieve your goal of getting a fencing scholarship to Yale. A former student of mine got a hockey scholarship to Yale a few years ago.
    Have fun with your blogging this year!
    Mrs. Bennett

2. Great post Ethan!

So many questions!

Are you part of a fencing club here in Ottawa? Do you compete locally? Why Yale? Is that your favourite university or are they known for having a great fencing program?

Looking forward to reading more blog posts!

Doc

1. Yes, I am part of a club. I don’t do tournaments because of covid but I used to. I want to get into Yale because My mom said it was a very good school with a fencing club.

3. @Ethan
    Wow! Fencing! That has always been a sport that intrigued me from the moment I saw the movie “The Three Musketeers” (made after a book by Alexandre Dumas). I always felt that fencing was elegant and with so much etiquette/rules for proper behavior. Is that still the case in the year 2020?

4. Wow! I have never fenced before and don’t really know anthing about it. How did you become interested in Fencing? Do you do it with any friends from school? It looks scary to me and really hard. I bet you have learned so much including how to be safe.
    Thanks for including a video.

Mrs. Reichstein